- Law & Order: Special Victims Unit season 25 resumes filming on November 27, according to Ice-T’s Instagram post.
- The delay in filming was due to the WGA and SAG-AFTRA strikes, but now that the strikes are resolved, SVU is getting back on track.
- Season 25 of SVU is expected to have around just 13 episodes, a shorter season compared to previous ones.
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit season 25 gets a big filming update from series star Ice-T. The long-running Law & Order spinoff ended its previous season with a crossover event that brought back Detective Amanda Rollins (Kelli Giddish) after the character’s departure, while also offering viewers a few quiet moments between Olivia Benson (Mariska Hargitay) and Elliot Stabler (Christopher Meloni). The follow-up has been delayed due to the fallout from the WGA and SAG-AFTRA strikes. But now that the strikes have been resolved, the show is poised to get back on track.
In an Instagram post from Ice-T, who has played Odafin “Fin” Tutuola since season 2, Law & Order: SVU season 25 will return to filming on November 27.
In the post’s caption, which is included above, Ice-T includes a promotional shot from the show and references the delay. The actor writes in part: “Sorry for the delay. Wasn’t personal. Just business.”
When Will Law & Order: SVU Season 25 Debut?
NBC has yet to confirm return dates for their shows post-strike. But reports have consistently mentioned that Wolf Entertainment, which produces the Law & Order and One Chicago franchises, are veteran productions with a lot of experience in terms of how to quickly start up production. That puts the shows in a strong position to return quickly, but where SVU might differ is in its episode count.
Whereas most shows have lowered their episode count in recent years, Law & Order: SVU has on the whole held on to a run that’s generally in the low to mid-20s. The one exception is Law & Order: SVU season 20, which had just 16 episodes because of delays connected to the COVID-19 pandemic. Now, because of delays, season 25 is expected to feature just 13 episodes.
But part of being a long-running production like Law & Order: SVU is that even with a shorter season, the cast and crew, along with the writing team, will likely still be able to craft an installment that is satisfying and manages to advance the storylines involving Olivia, Stabler, and more. It’s encouraging, as well, that all signs point to the fact that the wait won’t be too long, with the upcoming filming start date making its possible for season 25 to premiere in time for the spring midseason schedule.
Law and Order: SVU
- Release Date:
- Christopher Meloni, Mariska Hargitay, Richard Belzer, Dann Florek, Michelle Hurd, Stephanie March, Ice-T, BD Wong, Diane Neal, Tamara Tunie
- Crime, Drama, Mystery, Thriller
- Story By:
- Dick Wolf
- Dick Wolf
- Law and Order
- Robert Palm, David J. Burke, Neal Baer, Warren Leight, Rick Eid, Michael S. Chernuchin, David Graziano
#SVU #Season #Filming #Update #Star