Readers like you help support Cloudbooklet. When you make a purchase using links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Snapchat is one of the most popular social media apps that allows users to share photos, videos, and messages with their friends and followers. One of the features that makes Snapchat unique is the Stories, which are collections of snaps that disappear after 24 hours. Users can view the stories of their friends, celebrities, and other public accounts on the app.
However, some users have reported that Snapchat showing random stories that they are not interested in or have not followed. This can be annoying and frustrating, as it can clutter the app and make it harder to find the stories that you actually want to watch. In this article, we will explain why Snapchat showing random stories and how you can fix this issue in three easy ways.
What Is Snapchat Showing Random Stories Issue?
Snapchat, a popular social media platform known for its transient photo and video sharing, recently rolled out an update that caused frustration among users. This update led to the display of random stories from unfamiliar individuals appearing in the ‘Friends Stories’ tab. Users found themselves viewing stories from people they didn’t follow or have on their friends’ list, which was a nuisance.
This issue stemmed from a change in the display algorithm, mixing stories from known friends with those from unknown individuals. Interestingly, the stories claimed they were from people who had added the user through the ‘Quick Add’ section, causing confusion and irritation among users.
Why Is Snapchat Showing Me Random Stories?
- Public Profiles: By default, Snapchat allows only friends to view one’s stories. However, when users set their profiles to ‘public,’ it enables anyone to view their stories. This update might have made stories from these public profiles appear in feeds, even for users who didn’t know those individuals.
- Mutual Friends: Another reason for the appearance of random stories could be mutual connections. If someone is friends with a person on your list, their story might show up in your feed. The ‘Quick Add’ feature might suggest adding these users, especially those with mutual friends.
- Glitches and Errors: Updates can sometimes introduce glitches and errors. These technical issues might have caused the display of irrelevant stories in user feeds. Resolving this may require patches or updates from Snapchat’s developers.
How To Fix Showing Random Stories in Snapchat?
Users experiencing this issue can take steps to mitigate it:
Turn Off Public Profile: Those bothered by random stories appearing in their feed due to public profiles can turn off this setting. They can access this by following these steps:
- Go to ‘My Profile.’
- Tap on ‘My Public Profile.’
- Tap the three dots in the top right to access ‘Public Profile Settings.’
- Scroll down and select ‘Clear Public Profile,’ then confirm the action.
Delete Quick Add Suggestions: Users can remove all suggestions from their ‘Quick Add’ to prevent getting random stories. Additionally, they can turn off the ‘Quick Add’ feature from Snapchat settings:
- In ‘Privacy Control,’ select ‘Select me in Quick Add.’
- Turn off the option ‘See me in Quick Add’ to prevent their profile from appearing in others’ Quick Add sections.
When Will This Issue Be Resolved?
The random stories issue in Snapchat might be resolved with a subsequent update or bug fix from the platform. However, the exact timeline for the resolution remains uncertain and is contingent upon Snapchat’s developers addressing and rectifying the issue in future updates.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will Turning off My Public Profile Affect who can see My Snaps?
Turning off your public profile only affects who can view your stories. Your snaps and messages will remain visible to the friends you’ve added on Snapchat.
Will Fixing my Profile Settings Remove Stories from my Friends?
Adjusting your profile settings won’t affect stories from your actual friends. Turning off the public profile or Quick Add suggestions feature will only prevent stories from unknown users.
Can I still Add New Friends if I turn off the Quick Add Suggestions?
Yes, you can still add friends manually by searching for their usernames or using other features within Snapchat, even if you disable the Quick Add suggestions.
Why are Random Peoples Stories Showing up on Snapchat?
There are several reasons why you might be seeing random people’s stories on Snapchat: New algorithm and features, Location-based suggestions, Connections through friends, and Glitches or bugs.
The latest Snapchat update is causing a problem by showing stories from people users don’t know in their feeds. This has annoyed a lot of people. If you’re seeing these random stories because of public profiles or glitches, you can do a few things to make it less bothersome.
You can change your profile settings and get rid of Quick Add suggestions. Until Snapchat fixes this issue, these steps might help make the annoyance of random stories in the app a bit better.
#Ways #Fix #Snapchat #Showing #Random #Stories