Visual Basic 6.0 was released more than two decades ago by tech giant Microsoft. It was a highly demanded programming language to develop Windows applications back then.
Although Microsoft ended its support and update, you can use Visual Basic 6.0 on your modern Windows system.
If you are willing to use Visual Basic 6.0, all you need to do is download and install Visual Basic 6.0 on Windows 11/10/8/7/XP and Vista.
Visual Basic 6.0 Download for Windows
Even though Visual Basic 6.0 is an old-age programming language, still used in various works. It is capable enough to create and edit programs.
However, it was made for event-drive graphical user interface applications, you can use it for many other purposes such as variables, constants, string processing, computation, data types, database access, and many more.
Consequently, the key benefit is you don’t need to be an experienced programmer to use it. Visual Basic 6.0 is one of the beginner-friendly applications to use.
However, the original files have been available from reliable sources. All you have to download the file and install the application. Here is the download link; you can download either the professional or enterprise version.
Download Visual Basic 6.0
Visual Studio 6.0 Enterprise (English)
Other ISO Files
Visual Basic 6.0 File Details
|6.0 / 1998
|Windows XP, 7, 8, 10, 11 (32/64Bit)
|Programming language Soft
System Specification Required for Visual Basic 6.0
All of you already know the file details of VB 6.0 and downloaded the application. Here we will let you know how good your system specification should be.
Since it is an old application, it can be run on any modern system. However, here is the brief system requirement to install Visual Basic 6.0.
|Pentium-III or above, 600 MHz
|256 MB or above
|Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 2003 server or Windows 7 (both 64-bit or 32-bit )
Guide to Install Visual Basic 6.0 (Step by Step)
In this section, we will share a complete guide on how you can install Visual Basic 6.0 after downloading the application from the provided link. Follow this:
- Open File Explorer, and navigate to the downloaded VB 6.0 file, and double-click on it.
- It will take you inside the folder of Visual Basic 6.0, find the Setup.exe file, and click on it. The installation process will start and it will take a few minutes to complete.
- After the complete process, the system will ask you to continue or not; simply click on the Yes button.
- Next, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the remaining installation process. However, the application will ask for a product key and user agreement – very simple. It also takes some time to complete; after that, you can start using Visual Basic 6.0 on your system. (Product Key is available inside the VB 6.0 folder)
Features of Visual Basic 6.0
With the purpose of ROM developing model, Visual Basic 6.0 is the sixth generation programming language. Suitable for beginner and hobbyist developers. Here are some key features you need to know.
1. Programming Language
Object-oriented programming language is one of the key features of the VB 6.0 application. With the help of this, you will get conditional statements, subroutines, functions, data types, variables, and loops.
RAD or Rapid Application Development, is another sublime feature where developers can build functional applications quickly with a simple and intuitive user interface. All of its elements are nicely organized.
3. Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
The most useful feature of VB 6.0 is IDE. It helps to develop and design user interfaces. Since it can be used through drag and drop, it is suitable for everyone. However, it also supports multimedia.
4. Deployment and Development
VB 6.0 offers all the necessary tools for packaging and deployment of applications. Furthermore, creating installation packaging would be a cup of tea for developers as it has all the files.
What Can Be Developed using Visual Basic 6.0
Visual Basic 6.0 no longer exists officially; Microsoft discontinued its support in 2008. However, it’s still capable enough to develop something. Let’s look at what you can do with it.
- It can be used to create .exe software.
- You can create basic business software like CRM software, inventory management software, billing applications, and others.
- Data entry and reporting tools creation.
- It can create and design user interfaces.
- Develop small and medium-sized utility software.
Back then, VB 6.0 was a straightforward and feature-rich program language. Even after decades, VB 6.0 can be useful in many aspects.
However, that is how you can download Visual Basic 6.0 on Windows 7/8/10/11 and install it to use comfortably. If you are having any trouble or questions, let us know in the comment section.
#Visual #Basic #Download #Windows #3264bit